By joining the PTSA, you help us meet our school's needs that are outside the scope of the budget. When you go a step further and volunteer to help with events—or join our board— you set a fine example for our students to follow, and greatly encourage our teachers and staff.
WHERE DOES YOUR MONEY GO???
Your financial contribution to the RHS PTSA goes a long way in supporting so many of the great programs we have at RHS, like……
PTSA Membership Fees ($20 for first parent, $10 for second parent/student/faculty member)
PTSA dues primarily support the infrastructure of the PTSA and its related fixed costs:
- PTSA communication tools (directory, website, domain name, blast)
- $6.50 per person to CT PTA for state and national PTA dues (required of all PTAs)Dues to Ridgefield Council of PTAs (all schools)
- Contribution to Project Resilience speaker series (all schools)
- Credit card processing fees
- Accounting fees (preparation of tax return and related filings)
Contributions to Virtual Fundraiser and Other Donations
- Department Excellence Awards for Seniors
- Senior Scholarships
- Contribution to Fall & Winter Plays, Spring Musical
- Hospitality/Appreciation for RHS Staff (Back to School Luncheon, Springtime Brunch, Staff Appreciation Recognitions)
- Mini-grants to faculty, staff and student clubs: Many clubs and departments benefit
- Refreshments provided at various school functions (Newcomers Orientation, Open House, Senior Awards Night)
- Contribution to the RHS Mock Election
- Student clubs
- Financial assistance for students in need
- Annual Gift to School
Contributions to Post Grad Party
- All donations to the Post Grad Party support a wholesome and safe end-of-high school celebration for our Senior Class on the night of graduation – a free all-night, parent-chaperoned, alcohol-free event, held at the Ridgefield Parks and Rec Center, full of games, activities, food and LOTS OF PRIZES!!
CLICK THe PAW PRINT TO JOin
If I join, do I have to...
- Go to meetings?
No. You are welcome to attend our general meetings though.
- Volunteer or spend a lot of time at school?
Nope! Joining the PTSA is not the same as volunteering. If you choose to volunteer we would LOVE the help—but volunteering is not required.
Join the RHS PTSA
Have you joined the RHS PTSA this year? Click here to find out. If you're not yet a member, click the "Register Now" pawprint to update your account information and pay dues to become a member today!